Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to LaRouche Continued, a forum dedicated to all things Lyndon LaRouche (from the history of his political cult to present-day affairs.)
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. If you you'll be able to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile and sending personal messages. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!

Name:   Password:

Pages: (11) « First ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

New LPAC petition to Trump, Glass-Steagall by SOTU
chator
Posted: Feb 25 2017, 08:03 PM

Cusa

Group: Members
Member No.: 18

QUOTE (man114 @ Feb 23 2017, 02:48 PM)
QUOTE (Guest @ Feb 23 2017, 06:31 PM)
QUOTE (man114 @ Feb 23 2017, 01:16 PM)
I like how he always mentions getting disconnected. At least he admits their technical problems.

That's an automatic reply you get whenever you initially send a message.

laugh.gif I was just kidding about that in light of all their technical follies. I know it's all about the email address.

The weird part is they don't really do anything with the email address. I get very few emails from them these days except for an occasional plea for money. I've speculated they sell them regardless of the privacy they claim.

Adam used to warn me of our impending Thermonuclear Doom when I'd be out of class, or tell me how science would save humanity. One day I was out hitting up some thrift stores and burst out laughing as I got an emergency warning from Adam stating we were all about to die. Needless to say I didn't cancel my thrifting trip. Now I just get an occasional straight up plea for money. They haven't even tried to sell me the Silk Road report or an EIR subscription. It's pretty sad.

So, that's why they want your email so badly! To hit you up for money! I was turned off every time they mentioned they wanted my email to give me my marching orders. Their marching orders are to give them money. Hmmm. Some of the organizers could always get part-time jobs so the organization wouldn't have the burden of fully funding their cost of living expenses. It's not like their full-time organizing is accomplishing a whole lot.
man114
Posted: Feb 25 2017, 10:00 PM

Asteroid Dodging Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (chator @ Feb 26 2017, 01:03 AM)
I like how he always mentions getting disconnected. At least he admits their technical problems.

laugh.gif I was just kidding about that in light of all their technical follies. I know it's all about the email address.

The weird part is they don't really do anything with the email address. I get very few emails from them these days except for an occasional plea for money. I've speculated they sell them regardless of the privacy they claim.

Adam used to warn me of our impending Thermonuclear Doom when I'd be out of class, or tell me how science would save humanity. One day I was out hitting up some thrift stores and burst out laughing as I got an emergency warning from Adam stating we were all about to die. Needless to say I didn't cancel my thrifting trip. Now I just get an occasional straight up plea for money. They haven't even tried to sell me the Silk Road report or an EIR subscription. It's pretty sad.

So, that's why they want your email so badly! To hit you up for money! I was turned off every time they mentioned they wanted my email to give me my marching orders. Their marching orders are to give them money. Hmmm. Some of the organizers could always get part-time jobs so the organization wouldn't have the burden of fully funding their cost of living expenses. It's not like their full-time organizing is accomplishing a whole lot.

That's pretty much all they do with it these days. They send some excerpt of some LaRouche utterance, writing, or such, direct you to their website and have a big Donate Now on the bottom because they can't win the fight without your help.

I think the idea of the email isn't to give out marching orders to recruits, they do that from the website, if you click for more info then you can contact them to attend local meetings and what not. I think it's about casually collecting donations.

Since I have a dummy email for it I've messed around contacting them and such and they wanted me to go halfway across the state to their nearest meetup even though I think it was physically closer to go to Canada.
chator
Posted: Feb 26 2017, 11:50 AM

Cusa

Member No.: 18

QUOTE (man114 @ Feb 25 2017, 10:00 PM)
QUOTE (chator @ Feb 26 2017, 01:03 AM)

That's pretty much all they do with it these days. They send some excerpt of some LaRouche utterance, writing, or such, direct you to their website and have a big Donate Now on the bottom because they can't win the fight without your help.

I think the idea of the email isn't to give out marching orders to recruits, they do that from the website, if you click for more info then you can contact them to attend local meetings and what not. I think it's about casually collecting donations.

Since I have a dummy email for it I've messed around contacting them and such and they wanted me to go halfway across the state to their nearest meetup even though I think it was physically closer to go to Canada.

Going to chapter meetings has become obsolete thanks to YouTube. Pre-YouTube, the only way to get LaRouche's take on what was happening in the world was to attend a chapter meeting, or subscribe to the organization's paper, or magazines. You could only watch LaRouche's recorded speeches on video at chapter meetings, as there were limited copies of the recordings. Now one can watch the Weekly shows, or watch the weekly Manhattan chapter meeting without leaving the house. Going to a chapter meeting will only result in the wolves pressuring you to fork over cash, or commit to organizing. I see no value in it.
man114
Posted: Feb 26 2017, 01:12 PM

Chator, I think that's the large problem it's much harder to indoctrinate someone fully into the org with them just sitting around watching videos at home. You almost have to get them to sit around to get people to sit around and lecture them. Anyone can watch this stuff on YouTube, but I can see shortcomings in this method. Like you say they can't hit you up for donations. No one but a diehard supporter would drive halfway across the state to attend a meeting.
borisbad
Posted: Feb 26 2017, 03:19 PM

Planck

Member No.: 10

QUOTE (man114 @ Feb 26 2017, 02:12 PM)
Chator, I think that's the large problem it's much harder to indoctrinate someone fully into the org with them just sitting around watching videos at home. You almost have to get them to sit around to get people to sit around and lecture them. Anyone can watch this stuff on YouTube, but I can see shortcomings in this method. Like you say they can't hit you up for donations. No one but a diehard supporter would drive halfway across the state to attend a meeting.

When the LC used to call itself a "cadre" organization, it made very specific distinction between those who were cadre (i.e. full involved in the cult) and those that were on the periphery. You could, for instance, be a member of the so-called anti-drug coalition, or the Fusion Foundation, or NUWRO or Schiller Institute or part of one or another front organization, just as the CPUSA used to have its various fronts. And of course, it was believed that every subscriber to NS or EIR could potentially be moved closer to the organization, but it really required the closed environment that could only be obtained by getting people into an office to be subject to peer group pressure. We used to have very clear pictures of how this used to be applied to members of the LYM, when people would be cut off from friends and family as soon as possible to engage in high pressure indoctrination. You don't get that from Youtube no matter how many "hits" you may get.
man114
Posted: Feb 26 2017, 11:29 PM

QUOTE (borisbad @ Feb 26 2017, 08:19 PM)
QUOTE (man114 @ Feb 26 2017, 02:12 PM)

When the LC used to call itself a "cadre" organization, it made very specific distinction between those who were cadre (i.e. full involved in the cult) and those that were on the periphery. You could, for instance, be a member of the so-called anti-drug coalition, or the Fusion Foundation, or NUWRO or Schiller Institute or part of one or another front organization, just as the CPUSA used to have its various fronts. And of course, it was believed that every subscriber to NS or EIR could potentially be moved closer to the organization, but it really required the closed environment that could only be obtained by getting people into an office to be subject to peer group pressure. We used to have very clear pictures of how this used to be applied to members of the LYM, when people would be cut off from friends and family as soon as possible to engage in high pressure indoctrination. You don't get that from Youtube no matter how many "hits" you may get.

I think this hinders recruitment. Who has a big flashy office? Mike Steger in San Fran. You've got LaRouche literature, a piano, large office, a smooth talker. Who has a lot of members in his office? Mike.

Presence and impression probably convey a lot to a potential recruit. You walk into a big office, grand piano, flashy literature, flat screen tv, smooth talking leader of office, it all projects the message that this is working, this is legitimate.

If you went into Rachel's office where they had to wear winter jackets because the heat was probably not on you get an entirely different perception.

A lot of of recruitment would require hands on and an impression, a dirty office or a YouTube video just won't do it.
Posted: Feb 27 2017, 09:46 AM

Unregistered

2,162 signatures one day before Trump's address to Congress.

Diane reported recently that they sent approximately 2,300 signatures by overnight mail ( laugh.gif did they require the president's signature for delivery?) to the White House. I thought they said they had thousands and thousands of written signatures apart from the online ones?! Yet, they only sent a couple hundred more than what appears online.

Dennis said in the Manhattan project Saturday, "We'll be sending them [the signatures] down into Washington; I know Diane's going to be taking some of them down, and we have a means of getting these directly to the White House.

Yeah, we know. Overnight mail! laugh.gif

I've thought before that there was no way LPAC can go forward still supporting Trump many times, and been wrong many times. So I guess I won't be surprised if Trump makes no mention of Glass-Steagall and they still say TRUMP IS GREAT.
man114
Posted: Feb 27 2017, 10:26 AM

QUOTE (Guest @ Feb 27 2017, 02:46 PM)

Diane reported recently that they sent approximately 2,300 signatures by overnight mail ( laugh.gif did they require the president's signature for delivery?) to the White House. I thought they said they had thousands and thousands of written signatures apart from the online ones?! Yet, they only sent a couple hundred more than what appears online.

Dennis said in the Manhattan project Saturday, "We'll be sending them [the signatures] down into Washington; I know Diane's going to be taking some of them down, and we have a means of getting these directly to the White House.

Yeah, we know. Overnight mail! laugh.gif

I've thought before that there was no way LPAC can go forward still supporting Trump many times, and been wrong many times. So I guess I won't be surprised if Trump makes no mention of Glass-Steagall and they still say TRUMP IS GREAT.

laugh.gif Yeah what the heck happened to the thousands of handwritten signatures they supposedly had?

I wonder if they even bothered to attempt to collect signatures in anti Trump areas or on the streets at all.

This is an abject failure of immense proportions in my opinion. It's downright embarrassing. More people signed petitions to restore IMDBs message boards in a little under a week.

Couple this failure with only being able to print 70 dossiers?

It stands to reason they almost have to take an Impeach Trump stand soon or the org might not even survive...
Posted: Feb 27 2017, 11:35 AM

Unregistered

QUOTE (man114 @ Feb 27 2017, 10:26 AM)

Yeah, we know. Overnight mail!  laugh.gif

laugh.gif Yeah what the heck happened to the thousands of handwritten signatures they supposedly had?

I wonder if they even bothered to attempt to collect signatures in anti Trump areas or on the streets at all.

This is an abject failure of immense proportions in my opinion. It's downright embarrassing. More people signed petitions to restore IMDBs message boards in a little under a week.

It stands to reason they almost have to take an Impeach Trump stand soon or the org might not even survive...

If they are going to flip on Trump this week, they probably should do an "Emergency Broadcast" on Wednesday. Betting Helga delivers the bad news. If Lyn was still around and they had the money , all the PC members would be flown in to address us from one place. Those were the days.

Otherwise, we'll have to wait until the Friday Webcast. Unless they want to announce it in an article on the website, which seems underwhelming.

Either way, LPAC is between a rock and hard place. If they go anti-Trump, they instantly lose whatever alt-right or otherwise still pro-Trump money they've been enjoying lately. They then enter an already crowded anti-Trump scene 5 weeks too late, and it's plain for anyone to see the breakneck twists they've done on Trump unless they purge the website.

If they stay pro-Trump, it's just one more in a long line of hypocrisies. I'm not convinced they survive the year in either scenario.

Posted: Feb 27 2017, 11:41 AM

Unregistered

QUOTE (Guest @ Feb 27 2017, 11:35 AM)
QUOTE (man114 @ Feb 27 2017, 10:26 AM)

Yeah, we know. Overnight mail!  laugh.gif

If they are going to flip on Trump this week, they probably should do an "Emergency Broadcast" on Wednesday. Betting Helga delivers the bad news. If Lyn was still around and they had the money , all the PC members would be flown in to address us from one place. Those were the days.

Otherwise, we'll have to wait until the Friday Webcast. Unless they want to announce it in an article on the website, which seems underwhelming.

Either way, LPAC is between a rock and hard place. If they go anti-Trump, they instantly lose whatever alt-right or otherwise still pro-Trump money they've been enjoying lately. They then enter an already crowded anti-Trump scene 5 weeks too late, and it's plain for anyone to see the breakneck twists they've done on Trump unless they purge the website.

If they stay pro-Trump, it's just one more in a long line of hypocrisies. I'm not convinced they survive the year in either scenario.

Plus, I'm sure it's more psychologically satisfying for members to go with their instincts and draw the Hitler mustache on Trump, but I wonder how many want to go back to the days of being yelled at, having their tables flipped over and their signs stolen by old ladies.
man114
Posted: Feb 27 2017, 12:24 PM

I'm sure they can conjure up funds in San Fran and Boston quite easily being anti Trump. NYC may be more of a crapshoot depending on where exactly they set up, I can't see the Wall St. types donating much, maybe have to hit the poorer areas. Kesha would have a harder time impeaching a white republican in Texas she'd have to patrol for people along the border who don't want a wall. Bill might have a difficult time up in Detroit.

The dynamics of the flip are a piece of cake. LaRouche called for Glass Steagall. Trump didn't offer it. It's therefore anti LaRouche and wrong since only LaRouche is always right. I don't think they even have to purge the website. It's plain and simple, no Glass Steagall, the evil Wall St. And British influenced him.

Since they turn up on street corners they might get a few more pennies in the panhandling coffer.

I can't see pro Trump is being financially advantageous if they can only drum up enough money to print only 70 dossiers.
man114
Posted: Feb 27 2017, 01:50 PM

Fun facts on the dossier.

Since this is all about numbers...

They afforded 70 copies. The document is 17 pages long. If you put a cover sheet and back cover, duplex printed you could print roughly 45 copies on a ream of paper. This means two teams of paper should have printed more than 70 copies.

Now let's say we have Staples deliver some nice name brand HP Laserjet 98 brightness paper. This would cost $25. This is in the upper limit of what is really necessary. If they had to run out and buy a laser printer, Staples has a monochrome duplex laser printer for $99. Even if you bought a stapler and Staples your looking at $130 max to run 70 copies of this (and technically have enough paper left to take the run up to 90).

$130. The org cannot afford $130?

Or is it that no one wants the dossier? Even if they did which is doubtful they can get a copy online.

If they bought the paper at Walmart and used 88 brightness you're looking at closer to $110 with the stapler and staples.

If they're really that broke maybe they should consider axing the thousands in room rentals at the Hotel Beacon. Isn't there a church basement somewhere that would cost far less, the 15 or so half asleep seniors wouldn't care.

For the record my friend and I distributed a paper in college, I manually duplexed them on an old Panasonic printer I got at a thrift store for $15 that took toners that cost $1.99 on eBay. We used to distribute hundreds of them a week and it cost maybe $2.75 in materials.
man114
Posted: Feb 27 2017, 02:01 PM

And one addition on the petition. It's still showing up as the third item on their website. If they already overnight mailed the 2,300 signatures over what are they going to do, Mail another few dozen in in a week?
Worried X-GF
Posted: Feb 28 2017, 10:50 AM

Member No.: 53

The ex has been out,trying to get signatures...usually in front of grocery stores,occasionally South Station in Boston. They manage to collect a few,no more than single digits,so the "thousands of signatures" surely are not coming from the Boston office.

Just this weekend,they were told to,and I quote, "go back to Russia" and Rachel was called a communist to her face. Apparently,their sign,saying" Russia is not the enemy" is not going over well here.
I'm waiting for the inevitable punch in the face from some disgruntled T rider,as they like to work the MBTA train stations,only to be told my T workers to that they're not allowed to solicit on T property and stop bothering riders.
cool.gif
man114
Posted: Feb 28 2017, 03:59 PM

QUOTE (Worried X-GF @ Feb 28 2017, 03:50 PM)
The ex has been out,trying to get signatures...usually in front of grocery stores,occasionally South Station in Boston. They manage to collect a few,no more than single digits,so the "thousands of signatures" surely are not coming from the Boston office.

Just this weekend,they were told to,and I quote, "go back to Russia" and Rachel was called a communist to her face. Apparently,their sign,saying" Russia is not the enemy" is not going over well here.
I'm waiting for the inevitable punch in the face from some disgruntled T rider,as they like to work the MBTA train stations,only to be told my T workers to that they're not allowed to solicit on T property and stop bothering riders.
cool.gif

laugh.gif I had a feeeling the Pro Trump, Pro Russia approach was not going well. This pretty much confirms that the street level petition signatures are not going well. I suppose this is also why Rachel hasn't been on any shows lately...
« Next Oldest | LaRouche Discussion Center | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (11) « First ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... Last »

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0315 seconds · Archive